This quality wooden sewing board handmade with solid durable maple wood at Reverie Craft offers a great way for your child to learn fine motor skills, basic sewing stitches, and introduce the experience of embroidery.
In the photograph you see the following stitches - running, back, chain, cross, whip, blanket, and zigzag. Whether your child uses this as a tool for learning or toy for fun, you're giving them a wonderful place to express creativity and build new talents.
In the last photo, you'll see a set up to create patterns on their boards, a mermaid and fish was created there. For this activity :
- Simple laid a sheet of paper onto a towel and the sewing board on the paper
- Then, poke holes into the paper through the board using a skewer
- Once the entire grid of holes was poked into the paper, create a design by connecting the dots with a pencil and planned out the embroidery for the board
- Then stitch it onto the board to create the patterns
- Sewing Board (18 x 18cm) made with maple hardwood
- 2 blunt-tipped needles
- Yarn in 6 colours
About the Craftsmen :
From Jennifer is a family business that creates unique and timeless handmade educational wooden toys of heirloom quality, designed to inspire and help children learn literacy, math and more in fun and creative ways.
Inspired by their five children, each original creation is practical, easy to use, and offers multiple ways for children of different age to play and learn, the excellent woodwork quality and design also adds beauty to your home. The collection of wooden treasures are must-haves for every home with little learners. Reverie Craft is thrilled to share the wonderful handmade educational wooden toys of From Jennifer with discerning parents in Australia and worldwide.